· Enroll in the County’s free Guaranteed Ride Home program for reimbursable taxi rides or car rentals (up to $125) if an unexpected circumstance, such as illness, family crisis, or unscheduled overtime, occurs.
· Bookmark the County’s Shuttle App on your smartphone or desktop. Conveniently check schedule times, view maps of all the shuttle routes and see street views of your closest stop.
· Plan your new route using Google Maps, Map Quest or 511’s quick planner. Set your start location as your home or school address where you drop your kids off and end location as Lake Merritt BART station. Click the "bus" symbol which will show you where your closest stops are and give you an estimate of total fare.
· Driving to your local BART or bus station? Find your nearest BART Parking or Park & Ride location and factor in daily parking fees (if applicable). Many are just $1.00/day and can be set aside pre-tax to save you even more.
· Order a free CLIPPER Card (with Autoload) if you plan on using BART or other Bay Area transit systems to get to Lake Merritt BART station.
· Calculate the savings (using this commute calculator) you’ll get by switching from driving to using public transit and our FREE ultra-efficient shuttle.
· Call HRS (510-891-8991) to receive a username and password for Commuter Benefits, or visit the Employee Benefits Center at 1405 Lakeside Drive and then Sign-up via Commute Check Direct!